Formative Content is a rapidly growing, award winning, content marketing agency, with a global client base that has quadrupled in size in the last two years. We are looking for an experienced Account Director to work closely with our founders to help grow our burgeoning agency.
We help tell our clients’ stories – primarily in the B2B arena and often highly complex and specialised – and share them across multiple social media platforms at high volume and with a close attention to detail. We are former journalists, relentless about process, detail and delivering for our growing client base.
- As an Account Director we need you to develop hands-on relationships at a senior executive level with clients
- You will be committed to developing innovative digital content that inspires and motivates consumers
- You will manage and grow key client accounts, delivering to campaigns and contracts and keeping billable hours on track across your team
- We deal with subject matter that is intelligent and often in-depth – you will need to both commission and create this content, as well as manage quality control and feedback to writers.
- You’ll need to be a self-starter, able to develop digital content ideas and executions and keep to tight deadlines, whilst ensuring attention to detail throughout campaign and content delivery.
- You will ideally have experience in a fast-paced national or international newsroom – maybe you’ve moved agency side and have therefore learned about how to listen to, and delight, customers on a long-term basis, up-selling as you go.
- You should understand digital experience and all part of the digital process, from creative/ideation stage to content strategy and experience design
- You need a head for detail and a serious interest in the world around you, but you also need to have flair, and be able to think creatively about fact-packed content and corporate journalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills are vital, along with a talent for clear communication, pro activity in developing and growing the account, and solid numeracy.
- You are the unique blend of creativity and project management wizardry.
- Act as a strategic thinker for our client, understand their business and challenges, and grow a long-standing relationship with them, providing ongoing ideas and solutions
- Liaison with senior clients, management of relationships, solution planning, budgeting and staff management; cross-sell and up-sell our capabilities where appropriate
- Turning story ideas, plans and strategies into the reality of words on a page, or images on screen; subbing and quality control.
- Creation of ideas for content delivery across platforms (including text, extended copy, social media, graphics, video etc)
- Ideation and execution of integrated campaigns, supported by a team of in-house producers and occasional production partners
- Retention and motivation of our account team where appropriate; management of hours and billing, delivery of monthly reports to clients.
- Spotting any issues or upcoming challenges or opportunities
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Effective problem-solving skills
- You will be a talented, published writer and sub, adept at writing strong copy
- Understanding and hands-on experience of managing successful social media and social media campaigns – results and data-driven
- Be able to create and manage budgets, billable hours management for staff
- You will have worked with international clients or on international accounts and will therefore understand the rewards and complexities of working for big brands
- Previous experience managing complex financial services clients and content would be highly desirable
- Educated to degree level and any relevant qualification