This is Formative Content.
Over the last few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands. We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require any reasonable adjustment in our process please don’t hesitate to advise. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
The Video Motion Graphics Editor creates outstanding visual output, using their skills and creativity to develop a wide variety of compelling video types and styles across multiple clients.
They work in close partnership with the Content Editor and Client Service teams to fully understand the requirements of each project, to be able to execute and deliver to the highest possible quality and ensure clients are delighted with the output.
Formative Content’s Video Motion Graphics Editors have several years’ experience in conceptualising and creating eye-catching visual content for clients. They have creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense and ensure the best visual content is created within budget and on time.
Outline of key duties and responsibilities
- Create compelling visual output in a fast-paced environment in a wide range of styles, combining video and motion graphics in original and innovative ways for use on a range of digital content platforms including websites, print media and social media platforms, within budgeted time constraints and to deadlines.
- Work within our clients’ brand guidelines to create concept visuals, storyboards and clear plans for the delivery of high quality visual content, joining calls or meetings with clients to present options for design treatments or receive feedback.
- Work proficiently with a range of tools and applications to create work, including Premiere Pro and AfterEffects, plus Audition, Photoshop and Illustrator as they apply to video post-production.
- Work with account teams and clients to determine the scope of projects, objectives and requirements, and estimate the time a project will require to assist with providing cost estimates.
- Offer consistency and calmness under pressure and provide regular communication to account teams updates to assure progress.
- Conscientious asset management to ensure all footage and assets are stored and archived according to company policies
- Attention to detail paramount
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas
- Understanding and working within Brand Guidelines
- Ability to manage Workload
- Patience, ability to work with Content Editors, receive feedback
- Strong grasp of design principles Layout / Typography / Colour Theory etc
- Ability to picture research, use of stock libraries such as Getty / Shutterstock
- Understanding of concept development, drafts, storyboarding and scamps
- Comfortable working in a small team
- Understanding and working from brief through to delivery
- Confident, self-motivated, happy to work independently on projects and take feedback on board
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness to learn and grow
- Flexibility to work on different clients on different projects
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously because of the coronavirus pandemic, during which we’ve all been working entirely remotely. While we do eventually plan an optional return to our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working. We’re therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding that there will be times that visits to the office will be required – perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We believe that working at Formative Content is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has an Individual Learning & Development plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year. Due to our growth story, we have the unique ability to offer opportunities and a career trajectory that few agencies can match. At the end of the day, we want our team members to not only love their work but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your CV and portfolio within your application.
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or e-mail outreach at this time.