This is Formative Content.
Over the past few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands. We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require any reasonable adjustment in our process, please don’t hesitate to advise. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
As part of our growth story, we are now looking for an experienced sub-editor to join our team of 10+ in-house writers.
As industry experts in Brand Journalism, we help tell our clients’ stories in an engaging manner, often bringing complex and specialised subject-matters to life in a way that captures the imagination of a wider audience.
Sub-editors are an essential part of the high-quality service that we deliver to our clients: they ensure accuracy, consistency and narrative flow across the whole range of written output.
This includes sub-editing blogs, opinion pieces, white papers, video scripts and email copy.
The sub-editor double-checks all facts, querying them with writers as needed.
They check each story is written in the most engaging way, piquing the interest of readers and drawing them on through the copy, finessing the language as appropriate.
They also check that the client’s style and tone is met, keeping on top of the specified style guides provided by Formative’s clients.
They raise issues of clarity or accuracy with the writers, and raise any concerns about the quality of work with an editor.
- Excellent grammar and written skills
- A keen eye for detail, consistency and accuracy
- An excellent understanding of how to source reliable data and write about it accurately
- At least 10 years’ experience as a sub editor on journalistic titles
- The ability to understand complex or technical language and convert it into simple, engaging, yet accurate copy
- The ability to communicate clearly with writers about any issues or ambiguities within their copy
- Ability to read, understand and get to the nub of an issue
- An understanding of brand journalism, ie incorporating a client’s messaging into a story
- The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure, performing sub-editing duties within the time allocated
- Competent in Microsoft Windows, Google Docs and Asana and a range of other tools to manage workload
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously as a result of the pandemic, when we’ve all been working remotely. While we now have the option of using our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure, in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working. We’re therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding that there will be times that visits to the office will be required – perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has a Personal Development Plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year.
In short, we want our team members to not only love their work, but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or email outreach at this time.