This is Formative Content. Over the last few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands. We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
We have a new opportunity due to growth on our Social & Web team.
Working within our Social & Web team, Formative’s Social Media Executives are responsible for producing and uploading content to help ensure the timely and successful delivery of our work.
Social Media Executives work with a range of teams across the business, ensuring accurate and creative social copy, graphics and videos are delivered according to industry best practice and client needs. A snapshot of the role outline is the following:
- Work across a portfolio of accounts, proactively executing the day-to-day activities of each and ensuring all clients are continually delighted with Formative Content’s work.
- Create engaging, intelligent social media copy that is sensitive to the client’s objectives and tone of voice
- Upload and schedule social posts and content across a range of platforms
- Become an in-house social media expert, advising other departments and colleagues on best practice.
- Manage social media schedules, ensuring that clients and the wider account team can quickly review and understand upcoming activities.
- Contribute original and relevant content ideas to the account team in line with the wider campaign aims of the client.
- Keep wider client teams fully updated on all aspects of client work to ensure the account team can speak with one voice to clients at any time.
- Assist in the creation of reports, analysis of statistics and the formulation of insights in line with client objectives.
- Spot social media trends and to offer proactive suggestions for clients in line with strategic goals.
Core Competencies we look for our SMEs to have are:
- Excellent copywriting skills, evidencing a clear understanding of social media writing styles and tone of voice
- Demonstrable passion for social media
- Excellent working knowledge of best practice across the major social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Basic to intermediate understanding of SEO and content marketing principles
- Basic understanding of social media and web analytics
- Awareness of social media trends
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to adjust priorities and workload according to client demands
- Confident using Google suite tools including Google Sheets and Slides.
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously because of the coronavirus pandemic, during which we’ve all been working entirely remotely. While we do eventually plan an optional return to our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working. We’re therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding that there will be times that visits to the office will be required – perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We believe that working at Formative Content is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has an Individual Learning & Development plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year. Due to our growth story, we have the unique ability to offer opportunities and a career trajectory that few agencies can match. At the end of the day, we want our team members to not only love their work but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or e-mail outreach at this time.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Profit sharing
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- social media agency: 2 years (Required)
- copywriting: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)