Formative Content is a digital corporate content agency, working with some of the world’s leading B2B and corporate brands.
We bring the best of a busy newsroom to the world of corporate content- we call this brand journalism.
Our team consists of experienced business journalists and editors, an expert creative team along with a specialised social and insights team to provide our market-beating offer to clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social and Insights Manager to join as Deputy Head of our Social and Insights (S&I) team.
Requiring a minimum of 5-8 years experience in social media, this is a senior position within the S&I team. The successful candidate will be experienced in both social strategy and execution, as well as using insights and analytics to make informed recommendations to the client. They will also be comfortable with all aspects of social execution, including copywriting, paid campaigns and social scheduling.
This role will require client facing skills, including creating and presenting social strategies, recommendation and reports and being a voice of expertise on all things social media. As deputy team leader, the Social & Insights Manager will be required to line manage members of the team and join Senior Management meetings when required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Take a leading role across the agency in social strategy and analytics
- Manage a portfolio of accounts, running the day-to-day delivery of social media content including scheduling, copywriting and paid campaigns.
- Take a lead on analysing, interpreting and presenting results of paid campaigns in line with client KPIs and objectives. Offer insights and proactive suggestions when required.
- Line management of S&I team members
- Build and manage paid social media and Google Ads campaigns using advanced targeting and optimisation.
- Maintain a commercial mindset across all projects, liaising with client services on time available and time spent, and offering solutions to keep projects on time and on budget.
- Drive standards and quality in all content creation, but especially within the Social and Insights team.
- Keep up to date with new social media developments in the industry, contributing to and driving internal discussions around social media trends and innovations.
- Help shape our social proposition to aid our commercial efforts
- Understand when to escalate issues and when to use initiative to offer solutions.
- Help implement, review and reinforce internal processes to ensure consistent, efficient and high-quality content creation.
- Establish and manage client relationships where appropriate, working closely with client services to ensure consistency of messaging and service.
- 5-8 years experience in a social media role
- Experience of line management, mentoring and training
- Advanced understanding of social media strategy and content marketing principles
- Advanced level of understanding around creating and optimising paid social campaigns.
- Advanced working knowledge of best practices across the major social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube and Instagram.
- Ability to understand both social media and website analytics and to draw insights from the data.
- Familiarity with social listening tools
- Proficient in the fundamentals of SEO
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to contribute proactive suggestions to clients that demonstrate an understanding of strategic goals and objectives
- Excellent copywriting, proofreading and sub-editing skills, evidencing a clear understanding of social media writing styles and tone of voice
- Demonstrable passion for social media community engagement
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, directly managing client expectations and personal workload
- A confident communicator both internally and with clients
- Ability to adjust priorities and team workloads according to client demands
- Confident using Google suite tools including Google Sheets, Slides, and Docs.
What we offer:
Formative Content runs a hybrid working model, which is predominantly remote working, with the option to come into our Beaconsfield office. We’re therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding that there will be times that visits to the office will be required – up to twice a month.
In return for your talent, we will provide a great working environment. This will include clear and supportive leadership, flexible working, ongoing personal development and an unwavering commitment to enable you to thrive in your role. On top of this we offer:
- Profit-sharing scheme
- 25 days paid holiday
- An additional day off for your birthday each year
- Private health insurance
- Two weeks of dedicated development time per year
- Individual Learning & Development plan tailored to each individual
- Life Insurance
- Employee Special Interest Groups (Green Team, DEI Working Group, Vertical Specialist)
- Support for new parents and those returning to work
- A dynamic hybrid work environment, with regular team and company wide social events
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require any reasonable adjustment in our process please don’t hesitate to advise. We encourage and support equal employment opportunities for all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. Employment decisions are evaluated on the basis of an individual’s skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other qualifications.
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or e-mail outreach at this time.