This is Formative Content. Over the last few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands.
We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
Are you an experienced senior journalist looking for your next challenge? Whether you’re an Editor, Managing Editor or News Editor, if you have a strong journalistic background and enjoy developing strategies to reach people with quality content, then joining us at Formative Content could be the perfect next step in your career.
The Senior Content Strategist is a senior role within Formative Content. The purpose of the Senior Content Strategist is to drive the ideation, creative content creation, and strategy for Formative Content clients. Reporting into the Team Manager, our Senior Content Strategists partner with Client Service teams to ensure our clients are continually delighted by the content we are creating for them, and that it meets their strategic aims and objectives. Senior Content Strategists work across all content disciplines and formats, including writing, visuals and social media – combining all to best effect and outcome.
Responsibilities and Role Outline
- Take the strategic editorial lead when planning and proposing content to clients, with support from the social and web and client services teams
- Ensure Formative Content always delivers output that exceeds client expectations, in terms of both quality and deadlines
- Develop detailed, accurate briefs that clients approve, the content teams can work from and ensure that all output matches the brief
- Work closely with client services to gauge satisfaction levels of clients and look for potential stretch opportunities
- Build strong relationships with key team members in departments across the business to assist with managing any issues that arise – foster a ‘team spirit’ for each client and nurture and coach new team members
- Continually look at ways to improve and innovate the work we do for clients
- Balance creative excellence with a business sensibility to ensure we deliver outstanding work while not over-burning on projects
- Develop and oversee client content plans/calendars
- Review content performance (with client services and social team) and suggest potential improvements
- Constantly look for new innovation, creative ideas and opportunities to delight our clients
- Keep abreast of trends in the B2B storytelling industry and beyond
- Be a key contributor to the direction and strategic aims of the Content Strategy Team
- Commercial mindset and ability to spot new opportunities
- Excellent at developing strong relationships both inside the agency and with clients
- Creative and innovative editorial approach across all content disciplines and formats
- Outstanding storytelling skills
- Team player with an open, collaborative approach at all times
- Strong level of personal effectiveness, able to juggle multiple tasks and continually prioritise/re-prioritise as required, ability to cope with tight deadlines and demanding clients
Experience and Attributes
- We’re looking for someone with a solid background in journalism and a minimum of ten years’ hands-on editorial experience working in content, ideally in the B2B / corporate space.
- Our ideal candidate also has depth and understanding of the marketing customer journey and can use a blend of editorial and marketing to tell our customer’s stories.
- We produce multi-format content for our clients, so you should have an in-depth knowledge of social media, video and written content along with a good understanding of how to use data to help develop content strategy and show results.
- Experience within a content agency is desirable
- We’re looking for a team player who loves being in the thick of it and working collaboratively with our creative teams and client services, as well as all other areas of the business.
This role outline is indicative of the primary duties and is not intended as an exhaustive list of all aspects of the role. It may be updated periodically.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require any reasonable adjustment in our process please don’t hesitate to advise. We encourage and support equal employment opportunities for all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. Employment decisions are evaluated on the basis of an individual’s skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other qualifications.
What we offer:
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously because of the coronavirus pandemic, during which we’ve all been working entirely remotely. While we do eventually plan an optional return to our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working. We’re therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding there will be times that visits to the office will be required – perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We believe that working at Formative Content is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has an Individual Learning & Development plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year. Due to our growth story, we have the unique ability to offer opportunities and a career trajectory that few agencies can match. At the end of the day, we want our team members to not only love their work but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
In return for your talent, we will provide one of the best working environments you’ve experienced. This will include mindful leadership, support through flexible working, ongoing personal development and an unwavering commitment to enable you to thrive in your role. On top of this we offer:
- Profit-sharing scheme
- 25 days paid holiday
- An additional day off for your birthday each year
- Private health insurance
- Two weeks of dedicated development time per year
- Individual Learning & Development plan tailored to each individual
- We are now an employee-owned company
- Life Insurance
- Employee Special Interest Groups (Green Team, DEI Working Group, Vertical Specialist)
- Support for new parents and those returning to work
- A fun and dynamic hybrid work environment, with regular team and company wide social events
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or e-mail outreach at this time.