This is Formative Content.
Over the last few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands. We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require any reasonable adjustment in our process please don’t hesitate to advise. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
The Senior Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for planning, prioritising and managing the daily tasks required to ensure the successful delivery of content and campaigns for clients. In addition to the core role of Account Manager (AM), which oversees the smooth running of the project on a day-to-day, month-by-month basis, adjusting priorities as requirements change and ensuring the client is updated on project status, the primary role of the SAM is to deputise for the Account Director (AD) on some accounts, under supervision. The SAM is responsible for ensuring all actions are in hand and flagging any concerns to the Account Director and client, where appropriate, regarding anything that might impact the successful completion on budget and on time of client projects.
When deputising for the AD, SAM areas of responsibility may include campaign strategy, relationship management, commercial management and overall project management in the longer-term with clients, looking beyond the monthly activity plan to quarterly and annual client planning. SAMs are expected to assist in the overall leadership of client account teams, deputising for the AD as appropriate.
SAMs play a key role in leading client account teams, in particular AEs on client accounts, on the day-to-day running of projects, deputising for or supporting the AD and SCE with overall account team leadership. In addition, it is essential that SAMs build strong relationships with both the client and the internal team members, helping to drive overall client account performance.
Outline of key duties and responsibilities
- Day-to-day management of client accounts
- Client liaison to review and discuss content priorities and agree deadlines
- Management of client expectations e.g. delivery schedules, Work Back Plans
- Liaison with internal capacity team to discuss pinch points and agree client priorities
- Day-to-day liaison with the SCE to ensure timely delivery of content, re-assessing priorities and discussing assigning appropriate content creators
- Monitoring of deliverables against agreed scope of work, liaising with the Account Director to agree actions required
- Organising and attending regular client meetings
- Leading the agenda for client calls, supported by the AD
- Ensuring contact reports are completed and sent to the client, managing the AE to deliver these
- Ensuring trackers are maintained up to date, managing the AE to deliver these Monthly reports
- Preparation of quarterly reports to support the AD
- Preparation of internal financial reports to support the AD
- Updating the weekly internal WIP doc, AE can support on this
- Attending internal meetings
- Leading internal client team meetings where required, when deputising for the AD
- Preparation of cost estimates and proposals for new projects Setting up Harvest codes on new projects
- Overseeing Drive set up for client accounts (executed by AE)
- Ability to deputise for the AD in all areas, under supervision
- WIP meeting attendance where required
- Quarterly review presentations
- Line management of team members where appropriate
- Preparing cost estimates and proposals with minimal review or revisions required by the AD
- Proactive approach to project management – seeing any potential pitfalls early, and addressing these or flagging to the AD where appropriate
- Quick thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship-building ability at senior level – internal and external
- Planning skills
- Team leadership and coordination skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Adept at negotiating with clients on priorities and new scopes
- Adept and managing internal resources to deliver on time and on budget
- Confidence in leading proposal discussions or new business where required to deputise for the AD
- Ability to create and manage comprehensive project plans
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously because of the coronavirus pandemic, during which we’ve all been working entirely remotely. While we do eventually plan an optional return to our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working. We’re therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding that there will be times that visits to the office will be required – perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We believe that working at Formative Content is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has an Individual Learning & Development plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year. Due to our growth story, we have the unique ability to offer opportunities and a career trajectory that few agencies can match. At the end of the day, we want our team members to not only love their work but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or e-mail outreach at this time.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Account management: 4 years (preferred)
- Agency: 4 years (preferred)