This is Formative Content. Over the last few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands. We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require any reasonable adjustment in our process please don’t hesitate to advise. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
We are looking to augment our Visuals team with a highly skilled and personable individual keen to showcase their skills to the most impressive B2B brands.
We are seeking a brilliant Motion Graphics Designer/Animator with experience of working for corporate or commercial clients to join us on a full-time basis. This is a six-month contract position with the potential opportunity to become permanent in the future. This role is predominantly working remotely with the ability to come to the Beaconsfield office once or twice month. You have a practical yet highly creative approach to your work, great attention to detail and the ability to take projects from initial concept through to completion.
This is a great opportunity to grow and develop. We are looking for an applicant with a strong background in motion graphic design, with a minimum of four years’ experience. You’ll need a practical yet highly creative approach to work. You must have the ability to take projects from initial concept through to completion with excellent creative skills.
This role is primarily for a motion graphic designer / animator, but experience of general Premiere Pro editing would be a bonus. A good all-around knowledge of other design programs would also be useful.
- Creativity both internally and for the client. The creative responsibilities include working from detailed creative briefs, generating creative ideas, design concepts and finished design work.
- To work alongside creative colleagues under the deputy team lead.
- Team work- to work alongside colleagues, offering support and ideas.
- Meeting deadlines and going ‘the extra mile’.
- Flexibility and desire to constantly develop skills to expand your creative abilities.
Skills & experience
- Ability to take ownership, responsibility and accountability of projects.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of internal seniority.
- Upholding excellent standards throughout all work.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Ability to execute project and creative briefs.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Be accurate and able to work to very tight deadlines.
- A creative thinker who is able to bring new ideas.
- Comfortable working within strict corporate brand guidelines.
- Previous experience of working with large brands.
- Able to work quickly on time-sensitive projects and incorporate feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Versatile and able to adapt to changing briefs.
- Ability to create still as well as animated designs, primarily for mobile/social media.
- Working with Account Managers/Writers to develop visually led ideas. Creating visuals that add impact to a pre-existing script or story.
- A solid understanding of design principles and typography.
- Experience of designing for social media, knowledge of different dimensions and guidelines for different platforms.
- Good file management and organisation, able to package project files and work for team members to pick up.
- Excellent organisation skills, able to prioritise and manage multiple projects at once.
- Emphasis on attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, particularly After Effects (and third party plugins including Red Giant and Video Copilot) Photoshop, Illustrator and knowledge of Premiere Pro and motion graphics templates
- 3D design experience with Cinema 4D desirable but not essential
Previous ideal experience:
- An impressive portfolio please!
- Minimum 4 years experience.
- At least one agency or studio experience.
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously because of the coronavirus pandemic, during which we’ve all been working entirely remotely. While we do eventually plan an optional return to our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working. We’re therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding that there will be times that visits to the office will be required – perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We believe that working at Formative Content is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has an Individual Learning & Development plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year. Due to our growth story, we have the unique ability to offer opportunities and a career trajectory that few agencies can match. At the end of the day, we want our team members to not only love their work but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or e-mail outreach at this time.
Contract length: Permanent
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: From £35,000 per year
- Performance bonus
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- agency/studio: 2 years (Preferred)
- design: 4 years (Preferred)