This is Formative Content. Over the last few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands. We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require any reasonable adjustment in our process please don’t hesitate to advise. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
This is an opportunity to join us on a full-time basis with a six month contract position. This role is predominantly working remotely with the ability to come to the Beaconsfield office once or twice a month.
The HR Generalist is a key component of the recruitment process at Formative. With primary ownership of the recruitment function, the HR Generalist collaboratively and effectively creates a pipeline of talent for our agency through innovative sourcing, consistent outreach and candidate management. As the main point of contact for all vacancies, this position is responsible for ensuring every applicant has an incredible candidate experience and every hiring manager has an opportunity to develop their skills as part of the recruitment process. Alongside core recruitment activities this position also need to have experience in onboarding, policy development, compensation and diversity and inclusion.
This role requires incredible judgement and sensibilities combined with the ability to find creative solutions. We are a fast paced agency and this role will provide you with a unique opportunity to gain exposure to a full range of HR generalist activities. Working collaboratively with the Director of the team, you will be coached to grow and expand your People and Leadership competencies. This role requires first class emotional intelligence skills, the ability to quickly build effective relationships and exceptional organisational and administrative skills.
A snapshot of the core activities include:
- A solutions oriented point of contact for Formative Team members across all HR issues and queries.
- Working in conjunction with the People team leader to provide an exceptional employee experience to our internal team.
- Active involvement and contribution to the Diversity and Inclusion Working Group. Observing, researching and feeding back (either to the team or the Director of P & P) ways to continually improve these initiatives at Formative.
- Assisting with Diversity and Inclusion projects and policy research and compilation as required.
- Assisting to facilitate our bi-annual employee engagement survey, collating results and looking for creative ways to enhance our organisational culture.
- Assisting with compensation calibration and external benchmarking as required.
- Developing role descriptions in conjunction with line managers and developing a system to ensure these are regularly updated and accurate.
- Assist Director of People & Performance with Human Resources projects and initiatives in support of key objectives and business plans.
- Provide education and coaching relating to Formative people processes to line managers.
- Manage tactical steps and check-ins with new starter onboarding (in conjunction with the Team Coordinator) to ensure the process is followed accurately. Conducting the regular check-in’s with new employees into the business and proactively reporting back anything of concern to both the Director and their line manager.
- Coordinates recruiting efforts including tracking and screening resumes, preliminary zoom screening interviews and scheduling interviews with appropriate managers.
- Organises and participates in the recruitment process from inception through to completion.
- Sourcing, attracting and screening candidates through various mediums such as job boards, LinkedIn, social media and direct outreach. A key competency of this position is to continuously think creatively to develop non-traditional sourcing strategies to generate a constant pipeline of relevant candidates.
- Continue to think about and establish ways of targeting passive candidates in the Formative recruitment process.
- Ensuring our Formative values are embedded within the recruitment process by asking candidates thoughtful questions in order to establish their values are in alignment.
- Continually being mindful of the spend related to recruitment advertising while balancing the return on investment (not having ads out without purpose).
- Conducting all digital screening checks on candidates prior to the second interview stage. Proactively flagging up anything of concern to the Director.
- Demonstrating our Formative value of ‘fast’, providing exceptional and timely communication with line managers and external candidates.
- Management and updating of the Formative Careers page as necessary
- Establish regular high quality communication to keep existing team members informed of internal opportunities.
- Ensures 100% accuracy of all job descriptions by liaising with hiring managers. At the beginning of every recruitment process, checking with the line manager to verify the role outline and job description we have is completely up to date.
- Develop and maintain weekly/monthly/semi-monthly reports and ad-hoc reporting requests (recruitment log, weekly People & Performance report); working closely with the People Team
- Champion, develop and proactively communicate creative ways to interact with future employees – building talent pools and interviewing potential candidates.
Skills & Competencies:
- Exceptional self management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple strands of activity concurrently.
- Ability to establish effective two-way dialogue with your line manager and share your priorities on a regular basis.
- A resourceful mindset
- Proven high competency in a technical and fast paced environment. Experience with G-Suite, Slack and remote working tools an asset.
- Solutions oriented/problem solver
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise, work under pressure
- Ability to identify where bottlenecks are and ask questions when things are unclear
- Engaging and trusted rapport with recruitment candidates and team members
- Confidence and skill in leading meetings where required to deputise for the Director
- Strong candidate management skills
- At least 3 years’ experience within a recruitment/HR environment
- Experience of social media, marketing recruitment techniques
- First class candidate management skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills with a client-service focus and tenacious appetite for solutions.
- Able to understand concepts quickly and apply them
- Previous Marketing/Communications/PR agency experience is an asset.
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously because of the coronavirus pandemic, during which we’ve all been working entirely remotely. While we do eventually plan an optional return to our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working. We’re therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding that there will be times that visits to the office will be required – perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We believe that working at Formative Content is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has an Individual Learning & Development plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year. Due to our growth story, we have the unique ability to offer opportunities and a career trajectory that few agencies can match. At the end of the day, we want our team members to not only love their work but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or e-mail outreach at this time.
Salary: £27,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Performance bonus
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Recruitment: 2 years (preferred)
- Digital marketing agency: 1 year (preferred)
- Human Resources: 3 years (preferred)