This is Formative Content. Over the last few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands. We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
We have a new opportunity due to growth on our People team.
Working within our People team, Formative’s Human Resources Assistant is responsible for recruiting new talent into our organisation and you will be the first point of contact for all staff members across all HR issues / queries. This role requires incredible judgement and sensibilities combined with the ability to find creative solutions. We are a fast paced agency and this role will provide you with a unique opportunity to gain exposure to a full range of HR generalist activities. Working collaboratively with the Director of the team, you will be coached to grow and expand your People and Leadership competencies. This role requires first class emotional intelligence skills, the ability to quickly build effective relationships and exceptional organisational and administrative skills.
A snapshot of the core activities include:
- The first point of contact for Formative Team members across all HR issues / queries.
- Working in conjunction with the People team leader to provide an exceptional employee experience to our team.
- Assisting to facilitate our bi-annual employee engagement survey, collating results and looking for creative ways to enhance our organisational culture.
- Ownership and facilitation of the Onboarding process.
- Supporting our management team on a wide variety of people related topics and projects.
- Developing role descriptions in conjunction with line managers and developing a system to ensure these are regularly updated and accurate.
- Adding strategic value in the talent management function by owning and evolving the way Formative recruits it’s talent.
- Lead the Formative Content recruitment process for all new positions. Utilize creative and effective sourcing strategies to ensure timely recruitment of talent. Coordinates recruiting efforts including tracking and screening resumes, preliminary interviews and scheduling interviews with appropriate managers.
- Sourcing, attracting and screening candidates through various mediums such as job boards, LinkedIn, social media and direct outreach. A key competency of this position is to continuously think creatively to develop non-traditional sourcing strategies to generate a constant pipeline of relevant candidates.
- Continue to think about and establish ways of targeting passive candidates in the Formative recruitment process.
Background and competencies will ideally include:
- 2-3 years experience in a fast paced corporate People/HR team
- A self described HR Disruptor with demonstrable evidence to support this
- Previous experience in a PR/Digital Communication agency an asset
- Experience of social media, marketing recruitment techniques
- Exceptional emotional intelligence
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills with a client-service focus and tenacious appetite for solutions.
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously because of the coronavirus pandemic, during which we’ve all been working entirely remotely. While we do eventually plan an optional return to our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working. We’re therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding that there will be times that visits to the office will be required – perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We believe that working at Formative Content is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has an Individual Learning & Development plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year. Due to our growth story, we have the unique ability to offer opportunities and a career trajectory that few agencies can match. At the end of the day, we want our team members to not only love their work but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or e-mail outreach at this time.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £24,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- Recruitment : 2 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 2 years (Required)
- Yes, always