This is Formative Content.
Over the last few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands. We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require any reasonable adjustment in our process please don’t hesitate to advise. We encourage and support equal employment opportunities for all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. Employment decisions are evaluated on the basis of an individual’s skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other qualifications.
The part time HR & Recruitment Assistant is an integral position within the People & Culture team and provides outstanding support to both internal Formative team members and external potential candidates. This is a multifaceted role combining the core elements of HR administration alongside the fast paced solutions oriented nature of talent acquisition. We are flexible in terms of which week days can be worked.
- Support and coordinate recruitment activities, from drafting job descriptions, advertising strategies, managing the recruitment tracker, scheduling interviews, talking to candidates and liaising with managers.
- Sourcing, attracting and screening candidates through various mediums such as job boards, LinkedIn, social media and direct outreach to build pipeline.
- Managing job adverts on internal and external job boards and other relevant channels.
- Creating and circulating a weekly internal recruitment update for the Formative team.
- Updating and maintaining HR records, effective maintenance of both physical and electronic staff files and ensuring these are in legal compliance.
- Support with administration surrounding HR processes across the employee lifecycle, from onboarding and offboarding activities.
- Providing HR administrative support in a variety of areas, including (but not limited to) contract addendums, spreadsheet and tracker updating.
- Assisting with internal communications such as posting huddle summaries, staff meeting notes and general information on Workplace daily.
- Accountability for proactively updating of appropriate spreadsheets and records throughout the month to reflect any business change (HR metrics, staff information master, team list by department).
- Ordering office supplies and stationery
- Receiving and directing incoming calls via 3CX System
- Updating information on internal communication channels
This role outline is indicative of the primary duties and is not intended as an exhaustive list of all aspects of the role. It may be updated periodically.
- Exceptional self management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple strands of activity concurrently.
- Ability to establish effective two-way dialogue with your line manager and share your priorities on a regular basis.
- A resourceful mindset
- Solutions oriented/problem solver
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise, work under pressure
- Ability to identify where bottlenecks are and ask questions when things are unclear
- Engaging and trusted rapport with recruitment candidates and team members
- Confidence and skill in leading meetings where required to deputise for the Director
- Strong candidate management skills
- At least 2 years experience within a recruitment/HR environment
- Experience of social media, marketing recruitment techniques
- First class candidate management skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills with a client-service focus and tenacious appetite for solutions.
- Able to understand concepts quickly and apply them
- Previous Marketing/Communications/PR agency experience is an asset.
What we offer:
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously because of the coronavirus pandemic, during which we’ve all been working entirely remotely. While we do eventually plan an optional return to our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working. We’re therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding there will be times that visits to the office will be required – perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We believe that working at Formative Content is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has an Individual Learning & Development plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year. Due to our growth story, we have the unique ability to offer opportunities and a career trajectory that few agencies can match. At the end of the day, we want our team members to not only love their work but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
In return for your talent, we will provide one of the best working environments you’ve experienced. This will include mindful leadership, support through flexible working, ongoing personal development and an unwavering commitment to enable you to thrive in your role. On top of this we offer:
- Profit-sharing scheme
- 28 days paid holiday (with three of those days to be taken between Christmas and New Year)
- An additional day off for your birthday each year
- Private health insurance
- Two weeks of dedicated development time per year
- Individual Learning & Development plan tailored to each individual
- We are now an employee-owned company
- Life Insurance
- Employee Special Interest Groups (Green Team, DEI Working Group, Vertical Specialist)
- Support for new parents and those returning to work
- A fun and dynamic hybrid work environment, with regular team and company wide social events
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or email outreach at this time.