This is Formative Content. Over the last few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands. We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require any reasonable adjustment in our process please don’t hesitate to advise. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
We are looking to augment our Visuals team with a highly skilled and personable individual keen to showcase their skills to the most impressive B2B brands.
The Digital Graphic Designer provides outstanding graphic design across all clients using their skills and creativity to provide compelling visual support for all of the clients needs. The role works in tandem with the account teams in order to fully understand the requirements of each project in order to execute and deliver the project to the highest possible quality.
Formative Content’s Designers have several years’ experience in conceptualising and creating eye-catching visual content for clients that both delights them and helps them achieve their objectives as part of an overall strategic digital content plan.
Our Designers have creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense and work closely with our account teams to ensure the best visual content is created within budget and on time.
Outline of key duties and responsibilities
- Experience designing for Social Media
- Experience designing static graphics, quotecards, infographics, statcards, gifs
- Understanding of relevant file formats and dimensions
- Understanding of Corporate clients / Experience designing for B2B clients
- Strong in Illustrator/Indesign/Photoshop – Adobe Suite
- Understanding of Animation and Moving Image After Effects Animation / Premiere – Video/ 3D Design a bonus
- 2 years experience in Graphic Design
- Attention to detail paramount
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas
- Understanding and working within Brand Guidelines
- Ability to manage Workload
- Patience, ability to work with Content Editors, receive feedback
- Strong grasp of design principles Layout / Typography / Colour Theory etc
- Ability to picture research, use of stock libraries such as Getty / Shutterstock
- Understanding of concept development, drafts, storyboarding and scamps
- Comfortable working in a small team
- Understanding and working from brief through to delivery
- Confident, self-motivated, happy to work independently on projects and take feedback on board
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness to learn and grow
- Flexibility to work on different clients on different projects
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously because of the coronavirus pandemic, during which we’ve all been working entirely remotely. While we do have optional usage of our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working. We’re therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding that there will be times that visits to the office will be required – perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We believe that working at Formative Content is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has an Individual Learning & Development plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year. Due to our growth story, we have the unique ability to offer opportunities and a career trajectory that few agencies can match. At the end of the day, we want our team members to not only love their work but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or e-mail outreach at this time.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Profit sharing
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Graphic design: 2 years (preferred)
- Marketing agency/studio: 1 year (preferred)