Due to our ongoing growth, Formative Content now has space in our busy newsroom for an experienced Content Editor to work across a range of global clients, supporting our Senior Content Editors in driving the creative editorial process.
We’re looking for someone with journalistic training (BA, NCTJ etc) and a minimum of five years’ hands-on editorial experience working in content, ideally in the B2B / corporate space. Our clients are global, multinational organisations looking to communicate with high-level audiences, so a strong knowledge of, or keen interest in, business, finance and geopolitics is essential.
We produce multi-format content for our clients, so you should have an in-depth knowledge of social media, video and written content along with a good understanding of how to use data to help develop content strategy and show results.
With the Senior Content Editors, your job will be to help ensure our clients are continually delighted by the content we are creating for them, and that it meets their strategic aims and objectives.
As such, your average week might include:
- Supporting SCEs on some of our largest clients including:
- Taking on some of the current SCE duties (writing briefs, reviewing content, ideation, owning sub projects, updating templates, updating editorial trackers)
- Attending creative meetings with expectation of regular, valuable contribution
- Owning 1-2 smaller clients, carrying out SCE duties and attending client meetings as Formative’s editorial representative
- Some creative work – writing, video producing / interviewing, scripting, attending live events and providing strategic support
- Stepping into an SCE’s place when they are on leave
While creativity is important, and there will be opportunities to craft video scripts, write articles and help develop content strategies, attention to detail and time management will also be essential skills to help manage multiple clients and work streams at the same time.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Working closely with the Senior Content Editors and Client Service teams to develop exceptional and creative editorial strategies in line with client goals.
- Joining client meetings with Client Service teams to explain editorial approach and outline content ideas and themes.
- Developing detailed briefs for specific pieces of content as part of the overall editorial strategy.
- Working with the Managing Editor to coordinate Content Service teams in the development of content programmes, including project managing using appropriate tools and systems.
- Working with Content Service teams to ensure work is completed within budgeted hours, and to brief.
- Content creation as required.
Skills, Attributes and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in editorial roles (preferably B2B / Corporate)
- Creative editorial approach across all content disciplines and formats
- In-depth knowledge of major social channels (particularly LinkedIn) and how to develop content strategies on these
- Experience delivering impactful video content – from scripting through to conducting interviews
- Outstanding storytelling skills
- Team player with an open, collaborative approach at all times
- Strong level of personal effectiveness, able to juggle multiple tasks and continually prioritise/re-prioritise as required
- Knowledge of B2B content, and broad corporate themes including business, finance and geopolitics
- Previous digital agency experience an asset.