This is Formative Content.
Over the last few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands. We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require any reasonable adjustment in our process please don’t hesitate to advise. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
We are on the lookout for a high-performing candidate who has previous communications (or PR) agency experience but is keen to explore the operations side of the business.
Your role is to manage the content team workflow in order to ensure we are able to efficiently and effectively create our award-winning content. Working across the business, the successful candidate will have an ability to foster effective working relationships, whilst managing multiple workflows with conflicting deadlines. An aptitude for strategic thinking, analytics and problem-solving are essentials for this position. Likewise, is the ability to work with autonomy whilst managing potential delays/issues seamlessly.
This is an opportunity to join us on a full-time basis. This is a six-month contract position with the potential opportunity to become permanent in the future. This role is predominantly working remotely with the ability to come to the Beaconsfield office once or twice a month.
The main objective of the position is to help with capacity planning for the organisation, effectively and efficiently coordinating time and resources across the different departments.
- Manages multiple and contrasting requests from Client Services for different content and the resources required to fulfil the request.
- Manages deadlines, assigning work to who is available and when and understanding workflows in order to deliver back to Client Services.
- If that is not possible, the ability to manage expectations, in terms of how to free up time, and liaise with Client Services to ensure work is completed, as agreed.
- Assist the Managing Editor with any other ad hoc tasks on a daily basis.
- Attending departmental and interdepartmental meetings.
Skills and experience
- Highly organised
- Good communication skills
- Honed interpersonal skills
- A self starter who works well autonomously
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to manage their own time
- Ability to manage multiple work streams
- Ability to prioritise their workload
- Ability to identify where bottlenecks are and ask questions/manage this scenario when things are unclear
- Basic knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office
- An interest in operations – this does not necessarily have to have been gleaned professionally
The above is indicative of the primary duties and is not intended as an exhaustive list of all aspects of the role. It may be updated periodically.
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously because of the coronavirus pandemic, during which we’ve all been working entirely remotely. While we do eventually plan an optional return to our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working. We’re therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding there will be times that visits to the office will be required – perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We believe that working at Formative Content is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has an Individual Learning & Development plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year. Due to our growth story, we have the unique ability to offer opportunities and a career trajectory that few agencies can match. At the end of the day, we want our team members to not only love their work but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or email outreach at this time.
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: £20,500.00-£22,500.00 per year
- PR/Communications agency: 1 year (Preferred)
- workflow coordination or management: 1 year (Preferred)